[Localization] Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:19:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Samy and all,
>
> s.boutayeb at free.fr writes:
>
> > I suggest to you that you share your questions on this list. Im am quite
> sure
> > that the problems do affect other language teams as well. We would be
> glad to
> > examine with you the terminological issues and find together a solution.
> Your
> > questions will help us all with no doubt.
>
> Maybe we should have a small olpc-kreyol-translation mailing list: this
> way, anyone on this list would be someone who is suppose to help.  The
> list would be able to receive mails from people that didn't subscribe,
> and some people would bring to the localization@ mailing list specific
> technical issues.
>
> I'm proposing this because I expect the translation in Kreyol will not
> only be about the Pootle, but possibly about other kind of content as
> well.
>
> What do you think?
>
> PS: I've the infrastructure to maintain such a list.
>
> --
> Bastien

Bastien,

I probably have little to contribute to the Kreyol effort itself, so maybe I
don't get a vote, but I would like to encourage you to try to work within
establish a list and archives off-OLPC.

This would place the archives of such an effort where they are easily
discoverable to future efforts on other languages.  If (as may possibly be
the case) OLPC is not doing a sufficient job of providing support for such
infrastructure, than that is something that needs to be addressed head-on
and not bypassed by creation of many scattered, forked resources.  Such a
hosting capability seems essential to OLPC's core mission and (in the
absence of looming deadline pressures) I would urge making some additional
effort to improve OLPC's understanding and handling of the needs of such
efforts for the benefit of others in future.

I have nothing against the idea of separate mailing lists (as such), but the
volume on this list (Localization) is not so high that it can't easily
accomodate a surge of Kreyol-flavored traffic, and for my part, I would
welcome it. Just my two centimes.