[University-chapters] Introductions!

Alex Keybl alex.keybl at duke.edu
Tue Aug 19 08:10:57 EDT 2008

Hey all I'm Alex Keybl, co-founder and chair of OLPC at Duke.  I'm a Senior
majoring in ECE and CS at Duke University.  Sorry for the quick response,
but I just got back from a 2 week vacation and I've got a million emails to
respond to.  Basically, OLPC at Duke has 3 major parts that we work on:

   - *Software Development* through independent studies that we've put
   together (with "open office hours" so that anybody can learn to create
   activities for the XO)
   - *Running a Pilot Program* of XOs at a local elementary school, with
   qualitative surveys to gauge the success
   - *Planning OLPC Related Events* including fundraisers and conferences,
   such as GrassCon <http://www.olpcgrasscon.com/>

I'll be watching this list closely, and feel free to email me personally if
you have any questions.  Thanks.

-Alex