[sugar] notes on 8.2.0, specifically 767 (was 8.2.1)

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Nov 26 10:38:17 EST 2008

greg wrote:
 > Hi Bryan,

 >  > * 767 seems to enforce rainbow more strictly than 703. This has given
 >  > me major headaches when trying to make our new flash-based activities
 >  > run properly on 767.
 > GS - I think you submitted the details. Did you get an answer? I believe
 > that Michael is out for Thanksgiving.
 >
 > Can someone comment on this point?
 > http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-November/010070.html
 >  > * Firefox 2 and 3 are only slightly sugarized.
 > GS - True. It is what it is and no plans to make big changes here AFAIK.

greg -- i think you answered your own question.  the issues
raised in that linked email are a result of firefox not being
fully sugarized.  it might be possible to improve their behavior,
but this falls squarely under the big "make traditional X11 apps
work better under sugar" umbrella.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org
 give one laptop, get one laptop --- http://www.amazon.com/xo