[Olpc-uk] Marketing - OLPC UK Mission

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Jul 9 05:31:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 11:38:20PM -0700, Benedicte Clarkson wrote:
> Hi Martin,

> Faisal mentioned that you were going to get back to me about lending
> me a couple of XO laptops to take to Morocco.

Yes, see:

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-uk/2009-July/000308.html

> You were also going to
> let me know if those laptops can come with arabic educational
> programs...

See http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-uk/2009-July/000308.html

> Reading the mission statement of OLPC America, I thought the point
> of One Laptop Per Child is to help educate children of developing
> countries...

Yes - OLPC has decided to do that through working with the governments
and deploying large (> 10,000) laptops at a time.

> Am I missing something?

Have you received any of my mails?

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-uk/2009-July/000308.html
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-uk/2009-July/000318.html