[Olpc-socal] Need An XO?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:59:50 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

Several of you have expressed interest in getting XOs through the Contributors Program.  The next meeting to read proposals for the program is this Friday, January 27 at 11 AM PST (2 PM EST). I will paste the email I got about this below for your reference.  Most of the machines available at this time will be the XO-1s.

While getting a proposal together on such short notice is a problem, it isn't impossible. The worst thing that can happen is that you will get turned down now, but with suggestions on how to make your proposal better. If you are interested in learning more about the Contributors Program, I suggest checking out all of the links in Adam Holt's email first, and then "attending" Friday's meeting on irc to see what actually goes on and how decisions are made on the proposals.  If you attend, you even get to vote!

Here is a link to more info about the meeting, including how to join in:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program/meetings

If you have any questions about this before Friday morning, just send me an email at caryl at laptop.org

Caryl

**********************Note From Adam Holt*****************************************
Know a community project needing XO-1s (*) to advance learning
software/hardware/activities/content using Sugar especially?!
Remind all such serious projects to apply to OLPC's Contributors Program
well before 2PM EST this Friday Jan 27, thanks:

 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program

A quick email suffices, if the project is solid, and has posted to
 http://olpcMAP.net -- a blog syndicated to http://planet.laptop.org or
 http://planet.sugarlabs.org never hurts either!

 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program/Project_proposal_form

(*) Individual XO-1.5's and XO-1.75 prototypes may be available under
very special circumstances. Most all project will receive XO-1s
however. Thanks for applying and encouraging other strong contributors
to apply as well :)

Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !