[Olpc-socal] Fall Meetup?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:20:56 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I have been thinking it would be a good idea to have a FTF meetup sometime this fall to share our experiences with OLPC, Sugar, Etoys, Scratch, and other open source software for education and to talk about what we might like to do at SCaLE 10X at the end of January 2012. For example, we might just have a booth like we did last year, or  we could really get involved and use our XO library for ongoing hands on workshops for children and adults on the Saturday of the conference.

It would also be a good time to meet some of the newer list members and get together for possible projects you may wish to collaborate on.

I will be away until sometime in late September and then will be traveling off and on, hither and thon until the end of the year.  But I am fairly certain I can be in the LA area the first half of October.  What do you folks think about this?

We would need to pick the best possible day for everyone and a place that is fairly centrally located.  We could meet for lunch or dinner at a place with a meeting room or we could try to get a room in a library or school.

Any ideas?

Caryl