[Olpc-socal] SCALE2012 Save This Date!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 00:08:53 EDT 2011

Hi Folks...

It's time to mark your calendars for SCaLE 10X.  Surprise!  It will be a whole month earlier in 2012.  The dates have been set for Friday January 20 through Sunday January 22 and the location will again be the Hilton LAX.

I'm hoping we can do some wonderful things there for open source in education. We still have lots of time to plan a booth and, maybe, some sort of hands-on workshop or children's area.  We shall see....

Meanwhile, you may want to visit the new SCALE 10x Facebook page and sign up as attending or maybe attending. Here's the link for that:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=147903151951987

While you are there, why not stop in at the olpc-SoCal Facebook page Christina Vargas set up for us shortly after the last SCaLE event.  So far it hasn't had much traffic. If you are already a Facebook user, why not "Like" our page and leave us a note. We set this up hoping it could be a good way to communicate in addition to the mailing list but so far, not many of us have found it. Here is the link for our page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Laptop-Per-Child-Southern-California/202280923129554?sk=wall

Now, I must confess, I am a Facebook user, but not a Facebook expert.  Is there anyone on the list that knows all the ins and outs of getting the most out of our page?  If they could post a short users guide for all of us on this mailing list, we might be able to actually make good use of our page!

Caryl