[Olpc-socal] Fall Meetup?

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at caltek.net
Wed Jul 27 19:39:21 EDT 2011

Sounds good to me. I'm in downtown and East LA. I need to connect with
Audubon teacher and others....I have the 2 month old, SoCal OLPC (qt=8)
lending lab with Spanish Keyboard.

As for timing and location...I'm open.

Hi Folks,

I have been thinking it would be a good idea to have a FTF meetup sometime
this fall to share our experiences with OLPC, Sugar, Etoys, Scratch, and
other open source software for education and to talk about what we might
like to do at SCaLE 10X at the end of January 2012. For example, we might
just have a booth like we did last year, or  we could really get involved
and use our XO library for ongoing hands on workshops for children and
adults on the Saturday of the conference.

It would also be a good time to meet some of the newer list members and
get together for possible projects you may wish to collaborate on.

I will be away until sometime in late September and then will be traveling
off and on, hither and thon until the end of the year.  But I am fairly
certain I can be in the LA area the first half of October.  What do you
folks think about this?

We would need to pick the best possible day for everyone and a place that
is fairly centrally located.  We could meet for lunch or dinner at a place
with a meeting room or we could try to get a room in a library or school.

Any ideas?

Caryl

http://teknowledgy.org