[Localization] Traducciones de Sugar al español

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:31:47 EST 2011

2011/2/11 Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>

> Se llama "translation memory" en ingles, y "Memoria de traducción" en
> español. Ver
>
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoria_de_traducci%C3%B3n
>
> y también
>
> lokalize
>
> computer-aided translation system for KDE 4
>
> Lokalize is a computer-aided translation system that focuses on
> productivity
> and quality assurance. It has components usual for CAT tools: translation
> memory, glossary, and also a unique translation merging (synchronization)
> capability. It is primarily targeted at software translation and also
> integrates external conversion tools for office document translation.
> Lokalize is a replacement for KDE 4 of KBabel.
>
> This package is part of the KDE 4 Software Development Kit module.

I would comment that Pootle has Translation memory capabilities:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/updatetm

This is closely related (but different) than the Terminology project
suggestions.  I'm not sure tha we are leveraging all of Pootle's
capabilities and as I mentioned, the Terminology project needs to be
updated.

On some other replies to my message, I do understand the desirability of
keeping only a single lang-es project, I was only suggesting that while
there are technological approaches, I do agree that it is primarily an
organizational challenge.