[Localization] issue with pootle - AY

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:56:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at bolinux.org>wrote:

> We seem to be having issues with AY translation
>
> I have not been able to "Submit" (the other buttons show up, 'Submit'
> does not) and Fabio here is reporting a similar issue, he sees only the
> option to suggest, moreover sugar-toolkit does not allow the last
> elements for 'translation is not possible because the information for
> plural for your language is not available, please contact the site
> administrator'
>
> Can you help us?

Yama,

I have reviewed the permissions setting on all of the projects currently
available for translation into Aymara.  The issue was that the "translate"
priv was not turned on by default for registered Pootle users.  I have
corrected this and now any registered Pootle user should be able to submit
translations.

Who will be serving as language administrator for Aymara?  This role is
important and comes with several additional responsibilities.

1) Review and "commit" Aymara PO files when they are completed.  Without the
"commit" the PO files do not end up in the repos for use and distribution
with hte software.

2) Act as a contact person for Aymara localization issues. Ideally, recruit
additional translators and take responsibility for moving the L10n work
forward in Aymara.

Please let me know whether you or Favio (or both) are willing to be the
Aymara language admin and I will set the privs in Pootle accordingly.