[Localization] [Important] Translating strings for the Activation Server

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:48:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

Thanks to Peru's volunteers these strings are all  already translated to
.es, we are waiting to solve some fuzzy strings..(it seems that developer's
English is very difficult to translate precisely :)).

P.S (in this case i'm not worry about this fuzziness because this wont be
read by children)

cheers!

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Alexander Dupuy <alex.dupuy at mac.com> wrote:

> Tomeu Vizoso asks:
>
> > Now that we talk about it, do you think that using placeholders like
> > %(filename)s is the best way to make python apps translatable?
> >

> While it may make things easier for developers to use string keys like
> %(filename)s for formatting, and it does potentially provide more
> context for the localizers, it certainly seems that it is more likely to
> confuse new translators than to significantly help the more experienced
> ones.  However, given that even %(1)s and the like are getting replaced
> by strings that use the Arabic percent sign (or leave off the 's') it
> may be that newbies are likely to have difficulties either way.
>
> The above doesn't really provide any useful information, but perhaps I
> can redeem this post with the suggestion that if developers do use
> string keys, that they put them in all upper case, e.g. %(FILENAME)s -
> this will hopefully make it clear to translators that this is not part
> of the regular text, and should not be translated but rather left
> unmodified.
>
> @alex
>
> --
> mailto:alex.dupuy at mac.com