[Localization] Neologisms and lexical creation

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Thu Jun 19 16:36:50 EDT 2008

Hola Yama,

Considering the need to define, adapt or invent denominations for new concepts,
each language may use various mecanisms in lexical creation.

For the spanish language, you may find interesting toughts in the following
article : "El léxico de la informática: neología y planificación lingüística"
http://webs.uvigo.es/sli/arquivos/nova97.ps

The autor presents different possible mechanisms for the creation of words or
expressions reflecting new concepts, as it is the case in the field of
information technologies.

May be you will find useful examples for your purpose.

Saludos

Samy