[Localization] Script to generate all *.mo files for one or more languages

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Sat Jun 7 15:47:05 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 6. Juni 2008 schrieb Sayamindu Dasgupta:
> Re: [Localization] Script to generate all *.mo files for one or more languages
<..>
> Heya,
>
> Thanks for this. We have a similar system - take a look at it at
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing#Using_the_Language_Packs
> I have been figuring out ways to improve this - maybe we can work together ?
>
> Cheers,
> Sayamindu
<..>

Hey Sayamindu

Thanks a lot for your tip. This is really the easier way. I updated your link
a little bit to make the process easier to understand for less experimented users.
I hope you agree with my changes.

I think it might be worthwile that the command
$ sugar-control-panel -s language Spanish/Peru
should test, whether the desired language pack is already installed. If not it
should download it (maybe after asking the user whether he wants that).
Shall I try have a look at this problem and submit a patch for this change?

Also I am not sure, whether it will always be okay for old builds to download
just the most actual po-file. Is there a canonical place where to find the most
actual <x>_lang_pack.sh for a given build of the XO?

Best regards

Niklaus Giger