[Localization] The new Sugar Roadmap and other things

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:56:00 EDT 2008

Hello

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> As you might have already noticed elsewhere, we have a new roadmap and
>> schedule for our software stack.
>
> Thanks.
>

>> Also, admins, please remember to commit your translations once you
>> think they are ready to go into the official sources that we have.
>> There is no point in having translations in Pootle only ;-).
>
> What is the procedure for committing translations? "Show editing
> functions" mode does not include a commit button. The
> Pootle/Administration page is confusing and out-of-date. Can we get an
> actual list of project+language admins, given that the table on the
> Pootle page is woefully incomplete? Although I documented the various
> places to sign up on the Localization page, and the information needed
> in Trac for requesting new projects, it isn't working. If I can get
> somebody to create forms for these functions, can we install them and
> link to them from the Wiki and from Pootle?

If you do not get a "commit" button, it usually signifies that you
don't have the relevant rights. Which project and language is this ?
I will try to modify my team page generation script so that it shows
the administrators as well, though this is going to be a bit tricky,
since we have per project administrators for a language, and not per
language administrators.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--