[Localization] The new Sugar Roadmap and other things

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:52:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> As you might have already noticed elsewhere, we have a new roadmap and
> schedule for our software stack.

Thanks.

> Also, admins, please remember to commit your translations once you
> think they are ready to go into the official sources that we have.
> There is no point in having translations in Pootle only ;-).

What is the procedure for committing translations? "Show editing
functions" mode does not include a commit button. The
Pootle/Administration page is confusing and out-of-date. Can we get an
actual list of project+language admins, given that the table on the
Pootle page is woefully incomplete? Although I documented the various
places to sign up on the Localization page, and the information needed
in Trac for requesting new projects, it isn't working. If I can get
somebody to create forms for these functions, can we install them and
link to them from the Wiki and from Pootle?

> Cheers and thanks a lot for the wonderful work you guys have been doing,
> Happy translating,
> Sayamindu
>
> --
> Sayamindu Dasgupta