[Localization] The new Sugar Roadmap and other things

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:22:59 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,
As you might have already noticed elsewhere, we have a new roadmap and
schedule for our software stack. The timeline for the next release
(version 0.82) is available at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Timeline
This should make a lot of things easier for us now, with the string
freeze scheduled on 20th June. As you can see from the module listing
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Glucose_Modules and
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Fructose_Modules),
our Pootle installation covers most of the modules that are treated as
a parts of the Sugar stack. Modules which need to be added include

1. Log activity
2. Terminal Activity (How very embarrassing - I am supposed to be the
maintainer of Terminal Activity ;-)
3. Sugar-toolkit

Apart from this, I'll be also adding Scratch (it is already there, but
I'll remove the "TEST" status from the project).

Moreover, I have been considering a reshuffle in the categorization of
the files in Pootle, since we now have a more or less formal
definition of what is core and what is not (whatever is listed in
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Fructose_Modules and
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Glucose_Modules are
core, and the rest are non core). Do you think that will help ?

Also, as a reminder to all translators who have been helping us, it
would be awesome if you can add yourselves to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle#Sign-up (and if possible, add an user
page for yourself, with information on how to get in touch with you).

Also, admins, please remember to commit your translations once you
think they are ready to go into the official sources that we have.
There is no point in having translations in Pootle only ;-).

Cheers and thanks a lot for the wonderful work you guys have been doing,
Happy translating,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta