[Localization] The new Sugar Roadmap and other things

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:51:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> As you might have already noticed elsewhere, we have a new roadmap and
>>> schedule for our software stack.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>>> Also, admins, please remember to commit your translations once you
>>> think they are ready to go into the official sources that we have.
>>> There is no point in having translations in Pootle only ;-).
>>
>> What is the procedure for committing translations? "Show editing
>> functions" mode does not include a commit button. The
>> Pootle/Administration page is confusing and out-of-date. Can we get an
>> actual list of project+language admins, given that the table on the
>> Pootle page is woefully incomplete? Although I documented the various
>> places to sign up on the Localization page, and the information needed
>> in Trac for requesting new projects, it isn't working. If I can get
>> somebody to create forms for these functions, can we install them and
>> link to them from the Wiki and from Pootle?
>>

> If you do not get a "commit" button, it usually signifies that you
> don't have the relevant rights. Which project and language is this ?

Haitian Kreyòl and Cambodia Khmer. I was sure that I was Administrator
on both, but my My Account page on Pootle doesn't say what my status
is.

> I will try to modify my team page generation script so that it shows
> the administrators as well, though this is going to be a bit tricky,
> since we have per project administrators for a language, and not per
> language administrators.

How is "project" defined? I don't see an explanation in the Wiki, so I
have probably been using the term incorrectly.

How can we make sure that you have contact information for all of the
project members? How can we share contact information for all
administrators? How can I contact the team for a stalled project? How
can I join a stalled project where there is no contact information
visible?

Can we talk to management about hiring a full-time Web developer and
sysadmin? and a Localization manager who actually knows the difference
between Russian and Ukrainian keyboards and suchlike? And someone to
catch all the stuff that keeps falling in cracks and holes? These are
mostly not supposed to be your responsibilities.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/