[Localization] Fwd: translation problem

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Sun Jan 6 12:58:21 EST 2008

> (2) I believe there is an error in the Arabic file at "constants.py:
> 107". The translated string here reads
>
>      msgstr "بقي %(1)s دقيقة، و %(2)s ساعة"
>
> but I think this should be
>
>      msgstr "بقي %(1)s دقيقة، و %(2)s ثانية"

I am confused...    The %(1)s and %(2)s substrings do not appear to be "in
one piece".  I am afraid this will break our software when run on an xo.  I
could be wrong; I am new to this.

Don't we want to get the text to both look right and also have the correct
ordering of underlying unicode characters?

Please take a look at the attached persian po file which we prepared and
note the readability.  Thank you for help in getting this right.

Erik