[OLPC India] Sugar in Hindi

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:37:59 EST 2010

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Saurabh Adhikari
> <adhikaris at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > OLPC India team has completed the translation of Sugar in Hindi  and all
> the
> > strings in Sugar have been translated.
> > You can want to check out the same at http://translate.sugarlabs.org/hi/
> > It will be great to have any suggestions, observations etc.
>
> Oh ! I wasn't aware that Satyakaam was working with OLPC India.

now you know ;-)

> Two
> things come to mind - [1] testing the actual environment with the
> Hindi translations to catch any errors

yes this is part of the plan actually i will be testing it on the field and
i am expecting more  iterations..

> or, better way of translating a string

can you elaborate on that?

> and,

[2] Creating an OLPC/Sugar specific test set for
> <http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pofilter_tests> which
> would help other translators.

yes this is a good point would learn more about it and implement , i think
the pootle on sugarlabs has this already set still i need to clarify this
from Saymindu.

-Satya