[OLPC India] Sugar in Hindi

Fri Feb 26 03:11:14 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com> wrote:

>> or, better way of translating a string
>
> can you elaborate on that?

It is often observed that the way strings are chunked and translated
sometimes distort the actual usage context when they show up on the
screen. This is most likely to happen in the less used dialogs or,
menus and, sometimes even applications/activities. The distortion in
context can also be accompanied by an increase/decrease in the actual
translated string leading to a break-down of the actual UI design.

And, that is all I am going to add since I don't appreciate the "I
think this list is critical" mail that I read sometime back on the
list.

> yes this is a good point would learn more about it and implement , i think
> the pootle on sugarlabs has this already set still i need to clarify this
> from Saymindu.

The Pootle instance for Sugarlabs does have this and, runs fine. It is
just that most folks don't seem to use it.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>