[Etoys] [Fwd: etoy translation next steps]

Gerhard Steiner gd.steiner at gmx.at
Tue Mar 25 03:58:16 EDT 2008

Dear all,

we have the first fully reviewed and cleaned translation of etoys on the
pootle server.
Great thanks to Markus Schlager who reviewed the german translation and
did most of the clean up.
Hey guys, etoy-translation is definitely doable.

Please include the actual german translation into the actual images
(etoy and etoy-dev).
The commit from pootle to git doesn't work.

Please also merge the change sets from Korakurider which will hopefully
fix many of the missing translations strings.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6704

The german translation raised also some questions, which needs discussion

1. We need a solution for strings which have to be translated in
different ways (context-dependent translation).
    "copy" -> "kopieren"
    "copy" -> "Kopie"

Attached please find a list with ambiguous strings in the actual
etoys.po on Pootle.

2. Splitting the etoys.po on Pootle into 2-3 pieces would make the life
easier for translators, especially those who start with the translation.
This would also reduce the strings with translation conflicts.

best regards
Gerhard Steiner