L10n of non-Sugar build elements

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:22:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > place to do that work.  I would go further and say we should be showing
> some
> > love to the upstream by sharing our L10n community's time and talents by
> > letting them know which upstream strings flow down into OLPC published
> > builds and encouraging them to work upstream on the L10n of those
> strings.
>
> Great idea -- I agree. It's a good idea to see what locales we have in
> Sugar (and where we have a strong translation team) that are weak in
> Gnome upstream, and help bring those together.

Just off the top of my head Nepali, Pashto, Tamil, Sinhala have strong L10n
efforts on our server, but are less complete in the upstream.  I'm sure
there are more.  I want to make it easy for localizers who join our
community via an interest in OLPC / Sugar or eToys to understand how making
an upstream contribution ultimately benefits Sugar (first and foremost), but
also a wider world of native language Linux experience in other distros.

cjl