Reminder: Tuesday Release & Wednesday Software Meetings -- 2:00 PM in #olpc-meeting on irc.freenode.org

Brian Jordan brian at laptop.org
Tue Jul 15 15:44:15 EDT 2008

Gobby notes from #olpc-meeting irc.freenode.net 2PM

= Agenda from http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/016583.html
=== Status
Review last week action items

* Where are we? (freeze status, general bugginess, ...)
    Differences between this and last week:
    	Bugs have been fixed
    	Nailing down states for action-needed field
    	Tomeu's report based on those states http://tinyurl.com/5kr77g
    	Learned of some breakage through tinderbox:
    		http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tinderbox
    Two weeks in which to get out a plausible release candidate
    	Goal to have something pass the smoke test
* What build should you be testing / providing packages for?
    8.2 stream has some divergence http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/8.2-joyride.html
    Possibility of 8.1.2

* how do we resolve/trac/assign touchpad work?

=== Resourcing
Developers--profile yourself: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Profiles

* Bugs
#7357 - cjb: not fixed yet (see comment)
library stuff is still getting installed in /usr/share/activities
instead of /usr/share/sugar/activities

* Sugar seems like it needs help.

* Collaboration really needs help.
Devel team isn't hearing regularly from collabora developers
    daf and guillaume are currently sending in weekly reports to tech-team
3 release contracts for 8.2 around collaboration:
http://dev.laptop.org/report/18

* Library stuff really needs help.

* We've got a lot of things ready for testing by QA that aren't being tested.
  What's the hangup?
    Testbeds scattered all over - Nortel, Princeton, 1cc, we need to
help them set up for testing
    Fedora folks can't test
    Wad's scientific testing:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collaboration_Network_Testbed

=== Miscellanea
* Walter's Peru Security update?
* Backwards compatibility?
* What should we be considering for our next release?
* Tickets for Wednesday?

= Action items
brian: Send meeting minutes out to devel at laptop.org
tomeu: Send m_stone better times for meetings for the Sugar team