Adventurers: please take new firmware Q2B83 and a build 353 for a test drive.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Mar 28 21:48:42 EDT 2007

Build 353 is getting very close to our goals for the trial.  Remaining
are:
	o fixing a bug that is causing Sugar to crash on boot; rebooting the
machine will generally fix it.  As of a few minutes ago, Trent Lloyd
understands the fault and I expect it will be resolved tomorrow.
	o providing a UI for telling the system to join the mesh.
and possibly a few other things.

So the adventurous of you should install the Q2B83 firmware and Build
353; it would help to get some feedback if anyone runs into serious
problems.  If you have to ask us how to find and install this firmware
and build, you're probably not the right person to try these.

If you want to play with the mesh before the build with the working UI
for selecting the mesh, I attach some scripts.
                                   - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child