Schematics (parts list) and power

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Sun Mar 25 19:26:13 EDT 2007

James Cameron wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 12:54:42AM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
>
>> I think the pin is 1.3 mm dia, but that's only a good guess.  (1.7 is
>> too big, 1.1 is too small.  Digikey carries 1.3 mm parts.)  Can
>> anybody confirm the size of that pin?
>>

> I couldn't get my vernier caliper into the hole.
>
> I wasn't able to find a good match in my extensive collection of spares
> for either the B1 or the B2.  The closest matches were prone to arcing
> if the cable moved.

I dug around in my junk box and found some insulated wire that fits
snugly in the hole in the plug.  That wire is 1.5 mm OD.

I then stuck the wire into the jack on the laptop and visually compared
its size to the jack's pin.  The wire is slightly larger - the pin
doesn't completely visually occlude the wire.  So 1.3 mm is a good bet.

I also tried a 1/16" drill bit (1.587 mm), which is slightly too large.