Additional EC commands

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Mar 26 16:34:11 EDT 2007

I'm trying to define out the EC commands/features that we will need once
we turn off the direct EC RAM access.

WRT to turning off the EC ram access I was considering making this a EC
command or having OFW do this directly as one of the bios protection
steps.  That way we enable or disable it with OFW versions rather than
have to update EC code which we want to minimize.

Its been discussed that we do not want to have to poll for any of this
information.  So for things like temperature(s) we may want alarm set
points.

Here's what I have so far, any additions?

Additional Commands:

- % Battery capacity remaining.
- Status (Battery present, not present, AC present, AC Not present, Type
(LiFe, NiMH)
- Bat Temp
- Ambient Temp
- Voltage
- Current
- Game button status (For dropping to OFW interactive mode.)

New Features:
- SCI interrupt on power status change. (AC plug/unplug)
- SCI when battery capacity changes some x%.  How much % do we want that
to be?
- SCI at alarm points?

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>