Suspend and resume bringup.

Eric St-Jean esj at wwd.ca
Sat Mar 24 21:42:20 EDT 2007

(i'm terribly sorry for butting in, but i'm in the same situation -
wanting to work on the power stuff that seems fairly important -)

Jim Gettys wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 02:52 -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:
>
>> Chris Ball writes:
>>
>>> There's still plenty of work to be done -- the kernel is coming back,
>>> but not all of the devices (USB, MMC, DCON, camera) are yet.
>>>
>> Most of us can't help even if we have the skills, desire, and time.
>>
>> Note that there is still no public documentation of the DCON.
>> That's a rather important chip.

same problem here. I've been mostly hacking and getting up to speed on
many different aspects, but lacking proper doc'n, am finding it
difficult to focus. And i called in to the power mgt telecon, but had to
catch a plane and had to disconnect after 20 minutes.
> I'll see if I can dig up a current version early next week.

that would be great!
>> The camera is mostly undocumented, particularly the custom interface.
>>

> The CaFE specification is almost available; maybe the coming week.

again!
>> The MMC interface appears to be undocumented; there are suggestions
>> that the protocol itself (not your interface) may be partially public.
>>

> The SD interface is really very close to the public SD association
> specs.  There is one additional power savings tweak we'll have to do.
>
>> With neither USB nor DCON, it looks like a serial port would be needed.
>> I can't find the soldering instructions or part list.
>>

> We've eco'ed a limited number of systems to add back a serial connector
> and fix the dcon pulldown.  How serious are you at really working on
> power management?

afaic, i wouldn't mind doing the mod myself - it sounds like it's an
unpopulated header, and my soldering skills - even smt - should be ok
for it, but there's no doc'n on it, and the schems are private.
i'll readily admit that i have less than 20hr/wk to give, but i'll also
admit i haven't been super productive on the hours i did give so far.

--
Eric St-Jean
Systems Architect