Suspend and resume bringup.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Mar 24 12:11:52 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 02:52 -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> Chris Ball writes:
>
> > There's still plenty of work to be done -- the kernel is coming back,
> > but not all of the devices (USB, MMC, DCON, camera) are yet.
>
> Most of us can't help even if we have the skills, desire, and time.
>
> Note that there is still no public documentation of the DCON.
> That's a rather important chip.

I'll see if I can dig up a current version early next week.

> The camera is mostly undocumented, particularly the custom interface.

The CaFE specification is almost available; maybe the coming week.

> The MMC interface appears to be undocumented; there are suggestions
> that the protocol itself (not your interface) may be partially public.

The SD interface is really very close to the public SD association
specs.  There is one additional power savings tweak we'll have to do.

> With neither USB nor DCON, it looks like a serial port would be needed.
> I can't find the soldering instructions or part list.

We've eco'ed a limited number of systems to add back a serial connector
and fix the dcon pulldown.  How serious are you at really working on
power management?

The USB is documented in the 5536 databook.

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child