[Trac #1033] Spacebar has spots that don't word

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Mar 10 13:23:52 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 00:06 +0545, Bipin Gautam wrote:
> maybe a better keyboard as a whole?
> The wireless antina mounted on monitor, the carriage handle of XO and
> base plastic of the XO as a whole feels elastic and frazile enough to
> do some component damage in minor mis-handeling. I'm sure OLPC guys
> have done crash test of XO with antina pointed to the ground straight?
> This reminds me of the first generation of folding mobile sets that
> broke on the joints often.

Most of the mechanical robustness improvements could not be done for B2,
but appear in B3.

B3 will have better keyboards.

B3 will also have new antennae which are much more robust.  By adding
some rubber, they will bend enough to allow them to rotate before
breaking, and the drop tests of the new design work very well.
                                   - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child