Gnash plugin packages

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:04:57 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 13:50 -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>
> > Do you have the src.rpm?  I can build this into our repos and into the
>
>   http://gnash.lulu.com/olpc/gnash-20070306-1.src.rpm. This is a CVS
> snapshot from a few hours ago. You'll want to change the two lines on
> redhat/gnash.spec to *not* cross build the rpm, or use your own spec
> file. (if so, please send me the patches)

Our spec file really strips things out of the build.  We also version a
bit differently.  I'll be happy to send you it once we get this
working.

>   Do you build packages on a standard FC6 machine, or on a hacked up
> OLPC with more disk space ? I'm curious... These I built with a cross
> compiler, which makes RPM packaging much more convoluted than usual. I
> talked to Jeff at FOSDEM after his talk, and he told me the trick... :-)

We build in a mock buildroot which basically creates a buildroot from
the olpc and fedora repositories with only the packages specified by
BuildRequires.  BTW you should BuildRequires -devel packages for the
most part not the actual packages.