[olpc-help] Forum news: RSS feeds

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 21:18:09 EST 2008

All,

For those that wanted to follow along with the forum with RSS, you're in
luck. RSS and Atom feeds are now provided for the whole site and per
category, forum and thread. A bulk of posts go to the General Quesitons
forum[1] of course, and I encourage you to help answer questions that you
see come up.

Go check out the forum: http://en.forum.laptop.org/<http://forum.laptop.org/>

[1] http://en.forum.laptop.org/viewforum.php?f=2

<geek talk>
I've done something I maybe should have started with: I went ahead and
checked in the website to Git, the version control software that track
changes in many of OLPC's projects. This will let volunteers provide
"patches" to install a mod they would like to see on the site. Applying
phpBB's security updates will be done in 1 place, and all OLPC forums can
update at once (the English forum, any future language forums along and even
the test server we run)

Oh, and we're putting mod_security and hardened-php on the forum server, as
extra layers of security. This will not change anything for the user, it is
some of the behind the scenes precautions we're taking for the site.
</geek talk>

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab