[Testing] Self-test hangs on XO 1.5

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Oct 25 04:53:04 EDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 3:49 AM, Cherry Withers wrote:

> Thank you for the information John. I obtained mine from the Contributor's Program.

You should request a production laptop, so that you aren't
caught unawares by a difference with what the kids will have.
(Hopefully we have some to send out, I don't keep track of
the batches).

> We are giving the kids production laptops.

Great!

> The prep work will be done by Computer Science students who have no experience with XOs. Volunteering to do this is part of their Service Learning requirement from the university. I'm planning to include the self-test as part of their prep work as a sanity check of the hardware before handing them over to the kids.

Sounds like a good idea.
With XO-1.5, we started incorporating support for the manufacturing
tests into OFW, as they are essential during manufacturing, and helpful
during later repair.

Regards,
John