[Testing] Self-test hangs on XO 1.5

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Mon Oct 25 02:32:02 EDT 2010

  The heat spreader is a piece of metal that conducts heat away from the CPU.  If it is not touching the CPU properly,
the CPU will get hot faster when it is executing a lot of instructions, and may eventually enter a lower-clock-speed
mode to prevent overheating.

The heat spreader test attempts to detect this situation by measuring the rate of temperature rise.  It idles the CPU
for 5 seconds to let the temperature fall, then runs for 5 seconds.  If the temperature rises by more than 8 degrees C
during the 5-second on period, a failure is declared.