[Testing] Self-test hangs on XO 1.5

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Mon Oct 25 02:50:50 EDT 2010

Thanks Mitch and James! It's been a WHILE since I ran the self-test
diagnostics and that was when I had an XO 1.0. A lot has changed since then.
I just noticed the graphical test option. Is that new or maybe I just didn't
notice it when I did my first run of self-test.

I did expect more info than I needed except for the lid switch test. I was
utterly confused at first until my brain finally started functioning and put
"lid" and "switch" together. The message didn't imply that I had to do
something! :-D

I have a preproduction units but will be supporting a 100-pilot deployment
in the Philippines (XO 1.5s production units). They needed a quick set-up
and test guide.

Here's the serial number for my failing XO 1.5:
SHC937011C5

Will try to update the documentation on the wiki after the roll-out of these
laptops.

Grateful,
Cherry