[Testing] Cannot get the OK prompt using Esc

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Mar 26 10:15:10 EDT 2010

> If you had followed the second procedure, then in step 6 you were asked
> to "power up while holding the escape key", not the game keys.

Hmmm..... That step of the procedure needs rewording.  Holding down
the ESC key at power up has a good chance of  tickling an EC <-> OFW
bug that will probably not have the desired effect.

The ESC key should be pressed when you hear the startup sound.  Do we
get the countdown if a devkey is installed with q2e41?  We used to
have the countdown but then we went "pretty boot all the time" and I
can't remember you get a countdown anymore.

If you see the OFW countdown then thats the time to hit ESC if not
then hit ESC when you hear the startup sound.  Pressing the ESC key
(or any key actually) before either of these events can be
problematic.

--
Richard A. Smith