[Testing] Cannot get the OK prompt using Esc

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Fri Mar 26 10:22:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:15, Richard Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> The ESC key should be pressed when you hear the startup sound.  Do we
> get the countdown if a devkey is installed with q2e41?  We used to
> have the countdown but then we went "pretty boot all the time" and I
> can't remember you get a countdown anymore.

IIRC, you don't. This has been a source of confusion. To display the
countdown, hold the Check (√) game key before powering on the laptop,
then release the game key when requested.

As the game keys are not treated the same way as keyboard keys (?),
you shouldn't encounter the EC bug you describe.

Thanks,

Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc