[Testing] USBs are not working with OS802B5.IMG

Chamindra de Silva chamindra at opensource.lk
Fri Mar 26 05:49:43 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I can confirm that this release seems to have locked this machine. The USB
is not being detected. I tried mounting it manually and also checked the
dmesg but there is no detection of the USB devices anymore. The security has
been disabled following the steps given in this machine and we are unable to
boot an earlier release either, which is strange.

The process worked fine for the XO 1.5 though, but right now I ask to put a
hold on updating the XO 1.0 until this is resolved as it has effectively
locked the build to the machine. Also it is a warning to other who might
have the same issue.

Chamindra

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Dhanushka Nuwan
<dhanushkaprjct at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi..
> I want to add some points for my previous mail.
>
>    - In XO-1 after we saved the developer key, we have disabled the
>    security permanently. Then we followed the installation process manually.
>

>    - We have successfully installed the OS115 into XO-1.5 without a
>    developer key. There were no issues found yet and It is working properly.
>

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Dhanushka Nuwan <
> dhanushkaprjct at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi..
>>
>> Please find the steps which I have followed,
>> 1.    Successfully Installed the latest version OS802B5.IMG and
>> OS802B5.CRC using    developer key and USB
>>
>>   a.    Request and got the developer key
>>   b.    Downloaded the latest build in to a USB
>>   c.    When the machine is power off plugged the USB in to the machine
>>   d.    Pressed the power button and then pressed the ESC button to get
>> the OK prompt.
>>   e.    I gave the necessary commands to install the build
>>
>>   2.    Removed the USB and restarted the machine
>>   3.    Tried to update the activities using USB dongle
>>
>>   What I noticed was, machine didn’t recognize the USB dongles and at the
>> same time wireless and hard disk drive indicators were not working.
>>
>> Can it be because of the installation of the latest version? Or it can be
>> any other reason?
>>
>> Note: Before the installation machine functioned properly.

>>> Please communicate the complete sequence of steps you followed -- and
>>> all error messages / problems -- thanks!
>>>
>>> (Are these the same USB memory sticks working fine to install os115.zd
>>> and F11-for-XO-1?)
>>>

>> --
>> Thank you and Regards
>> -Dhanushka-