[Testing] [olpc-nz] Testing Summary Auckland

Nevyn nevynh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 21:45:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Who: Nevyn, Robin, Calvin, John, Abishek, Fabiana
>
> Tested actvities in 284py, XO1.0, XO's connected via local wifi.
> Write 67
> Initially shared activity fine but within a few minutes write stopped
> sharing, although all instances of write continued to work fine on
> each individual XO.
> Deafault font is really small.
> Shared activity icon continues to show on neighbourhood view even when
> all instances of write had been turned off.
>
> Memorize 34
> Works ok, as long as XOs join one at a time. When more than one xo is
> trying to join, the order of the list of players is not the same in
> all computers, but the game goes down the list, expecting different
> players on different xos at which time the activity stops working

Looking at behavior - I did test write again later with 2 laptops. I
think the problem with Memorize and Write may be the same problem.
That is, I think it may be a case of each laptop managing it's own
queue of joined users and if these are out of sync (which may well
happen when everyone is joining at the same time rather than leaving a
nice little pause between adding nodes) then things are getting
horribly confused. I know that this queue doesn't appear in quite the
same way in write but I'd assume that the queue is still there.

> Browse 112
> Content builder on browser clicking on science takes me to a content
> page in English. Shouldnt this point to content in Spanish?
>
> Speak 16
> Also defaults to English.

Just to elaborate on this point:

When going into the ask a question mode, the first thing that the
robot says along the lines of  "Can't use default as language, using
English instead" . So there's an issue with the way speak dereferences
the default language in this mode.

> M Fabiana Kubke

Regards,
Nevyn.