[Testing] Automatic power management

Asiri Gunarathna kaag87 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 02:05:57 EDT 2010

Hi James

Thanks for both of you James & Paul , for your reply's.

I will explain my understanding on the OLPC power management functionality.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

1.       When the Automatic Power Management option is set –

More important thing is saving the energy. So audio track must suspend
within a certain time duration (in every application that uses to play that
track)

2.       When it is not set -

We want to play the audio track to end without suspending. That is, there is
no need of saving energy.

But when I test this feature on the OLPC laptop I observed that audio track
is not getting suspended after certain time duration though the Automatic
Power Management Option is enabled.

As per my understanding this seems a defect.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Regards,
Asiri & Thusitha.