[Testing] Uploading 800+ Test Cases onto the WIKI

Chamindra de Silva chamindra at opensource.lk
Fri Apr 9 05:12:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Attached is an example of the format of the test cases and navigation
overview that the Virtusa Sri Lankan team came up with for the Paint
Activity. We now have recorded over 800 test cases in spreadsheets like the
ones attached (one for each component we are testing). Rather than
recreating these test cases in the WIKI (which might not be scalable), we
felt the best would be to upload the spreadsheet against each activity in
something like the test matrix page here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_matrix. Additionally subsequent for future
builds, testers can then just download these test templates and go through
the spreadsheets, perform the tests and report summaries only to the matrix.
This then gives you some degree of coverage and test predictability and will
be IMO be much easier for testers to work with.

Would it be OK for us to build off the test matrix WIKI page or create a new
one all together linked off http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing

--
Chamindra de Silva
Home:  http://chamindra-de-silva.blogspot.com