[Testing] Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jan 28 02:41:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

<quote who="Ties Stuij">

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM, genesee <genesee.gbh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have no issues with olpc-update staging-<number please>...BUT, wifi has
> > been broken in staging-9 and 11. Have not tried 13 or 16 or whatever 'latest
> > is' is. In Neighborhood view AP blinks, asks for passphrase, blinks, asks
> > for passphrase etc...never establishes contact. I know, i should file a
> > ticket.
>
> FYI: For me connecting to a wpa enabled Lontech WL54G-BR AP with
> staging-11 has been working really well. Opposed to builds before the
> wifi changes, which had a really hard time connecting.

I had a similar problem. I'm on a WEP network which worked fine on 8.2.0,
but we simply can't connect on 8.2.1. The AP is a Billion brand. I can see
the network, and am prompted for the password, but no joy!

I've also booted three times and each time the two freshly imaged 8.2.1
laptops don't see each other. I had previously tried just installing the
kernel rpm associated with ticket #9048, and noticed the same issue, so it
might be a problem with that package, which is a new kernel :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Friends                                         http://olpcfriends.org/