[Testing] The Tech Museum as a testing venue?

Robert Stephenson rstephe at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Jan 13 14:20:43 EST 2009

The XOs would certainly be anchored down, if only to make sure they
don't walk out the door.  Plus, we usually have a volunteer on duty in
every gallery.

What stage testing would we be talking about here?  It would be
important to make sure that most of the laptops were functional enough
at any given moment that kids could profitably play with them.

Hey, Luke, glad you enjoy visiting The Tech!

- Rob

On Jan 12, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Luke Faraone wrote:

> The one thing you'd have to worry about: While the XOs are very
> resilient to harsh conditions, they are _not_ "childproof", ie. if a
> kid throws it off a desk or picks at the rubber mesh keyboard then
> he _can_  break the XO.
>
> It would be a highly useful tool, however, in testing and research.
> Assuming we can have the teachers/whoever survey the children and
> note where they have problems, it would provide a load of real-world
> data easily accessible and tweakable.

*  Dr. Robert S. Stephenson
*  E-learning Architect
*  rstephe at alumni.princeton.edu
*  (415) 373-5239
*  http://sun.science.wayne.edu/~rstephe
*
*  Webmaster
*  California Universal Health Care Organizing Project
*  http://singlepayernow.net
*
*  Chief Architect and Principal Investigator
*  http://OpenCourse.Org
*  Supporting virtual communities of e-learning developers.
*
*  Founder
*  The Harvey Project
*  Open Course Physiology on the Web
*  http://HarveyProject.org
*
*  Was I helpful?  Let others know:
*  http://rate.affero.net/rstephe
*
*  gpg key fingerprint:
*  4255 FB43 17C8 2B80 8074  7DB6 7DD7 939B F3F6 CB92