[Testing] Closing Test in Release and QA Sign off bugs

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Fri Sep 26 15:28:17 EDT 2008

(Joe, please feel free to trump me on this - I'll keep plugging on this
unless somebody tells me otherwise.)

Greg, by Monday at 11 I can get you and the testing list a breakdown of
the bugs in report 28 sorted by the following:

1) Verified as closed - celebrate!
2) Verified as not-closed (reopened), add to release notes
3) We have no idea (probably treat the same as #2) - I hope this list
will be empty.

Plan for producing that email: (please revise/suggest as needed, partial
strawman)

* I've been writing test cases and procedures in the last few days for
everything in report 33; I'll expand that to include the tickets in 28,
which is a superset of 33.

* You'll see me back at 1cc this afternoon installing 765 on the 20 XOs
we got from Richard. I'm going to use those as the in-1cc 8.2.0 blockers
test pool since our other testbeds are being used for connectivity tests
(I think- Joe?) that require all 30 XOs running full-tilt on that.

* This weekend: running tests. And running tests. And running tests. And
- this is why I've spent so long on how-to-test tutorials and test cases
- getting the visiting volunteers (+whoever I can pull in over IRC) on
Saturday (MassXO comes in Sat. morning) and Sunday (support-gang) to run
tests. I've been trying to build our capacity to run a lot of tests in
parallel, and the bottleneck (imo) was people with XOs who were able to,
with the given instructions, run all these tests. I hope I've fixed the
"with the given instructions" part. You'll see this when I revise the
[[Testing]] page later tonight.

* Monday morning: Sit down and write up those 3 lists for Greg.

How does this sound?

-Mel