[Testing] #4951 testing

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Jul 29 16:56:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Updated to Joyride-2225 with a USB thumbdrive, all worked very smoothly.
> Proceeded to follow instructions for software-update via SCP and this time
> things went well. The only thing that was slightly confusing is that some
> activities were updated twice, e.g. record was initially installed in v54,
> then updated to v55 and in the last go upped to v56.

Hmm, probably there are different versions called for on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1 and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities.  Help syncing Activities/G1G1
with Activities is welcome.  SJ has a new template design for the
activities page which should mitigate this problem...

> One question I have with regard to the software-update / activities
> installation is how it's decided which of them are favourites so they show
> up in the ring-view by default?

All newly-installed activities are favorites.  Other activities should
not change their favorite status.  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7622
claims that activities are in fact losing 'favorite' status; help
getting to the bottom of that is appreciated (we're just using the
standard sugar 'upgrade' method).
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )