[Testing] #4951 testing

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Jul 29 16:52:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Upon the reboot I went to the Sugar-Control-Panel and selected "software
> update" and now it's been >10 minutes that I've been looking at the "looking
> for local activities" message and a progress-bar that's not moving. Pressing
> the "cancel" button doesn't have any effect whatsoever, I can only exit the
> screen by clicking on "X" in the corner of the window.

Did you have a working network at the time?  I should probably add a
time out if network connections hang.

> Might this issue be related to the fact that I simply don't have any
> activities installed at the moment?

Probably not, but I should check.  Is this reproducible?

> Also one thing which I noticed is that the SCP window is an overlay which
> stay on top even when you switch to a different view, e.g. when going to the
> network view to check which network you're connected to.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7642, although marco doesn't think it's
critical for 8.2.
 --scott

--