[Testing] #4951 testing

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 28 21:01:04 EDT 2008

Christoph Derndorfer schrieb:
> C. Scott Ananian schrieb:

>> #4951 is still blocked on #7495, which I'm still working on, and to
>> some degree by #7494.  But any anecdotal evidence from attempts to
>> upgrade from 65x to the latest joyride would be useful.
>>

> After fixing my display (thanks Seth!) I'm now finally back in the
> possession of a working XO!
>
> Anyway, I proceeded per cscott's test case description on #4951 and
> started off with build-656. The update to joyride-2153 seemed to work
> smoothly.
>
> Upon the reboot I went to the Sugar-Control-Panel and selected "software
> update" and now it's been >10 minutes that I've been looking at the
> "looking for local activities" message and a progress-bar that's not
> moving. Pressing the "cancel" button doesn't have any effect whatsoever,
> I can only exit the screen by clicking on "X" in the corner of the window.
>
> Might this issue be related to the fact that I simply don't have any
> activities installed at the moment?
>
> Also one thing which I noticed is that the SCP window is an overlay
> which stay on top even when you switch to a different view, e.g. when
> going to the network view to check which network you're connected to.
>
> I know this is very much anecdotal story-telling here, still hope it
> helps though...
>
> Christoph

Okay, here's another quick experience-report...

Updated to Joyride-2225 with a USB thumbdrive, all worked very smoothly.
Proceeded to follow instructions for software-update via SCP and this
time things went well. The only thing that was slightly confusing is
that some activities were updated twice, e.g. record was initially
installed in v54, then updated to v55 and in the last go upped to v56.

One question I have with regard to the software-update / activities
installation is how it's decided which of them are favourites so they
show up in the ring-view by default?

Will also cross-post some of my other findings with the current joyride
and latest activities combination to testing, sugar and devel as I
stumbled across some issues that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
Co-Editor