[Testing] #4951 testing

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 28 20:34:59 EDT 2008

C. Scott Ananian schrieb:

> #4951 is still blocked on #7495, which I'm still working on, and to
> some degree by #7494.  But any anecdotal evidence from attempts to
> upgrade from 65x to the latest joyride would be useful.

After fixing my display (thanks Seth!) I'm now finally back in the
possession of a working XO!

Anyway, I proceeded per cscott's test case description on #4951 and
started off with build-656. The update to joyride-2153 seemed to work
smoothly.

Upon the reboot I went to the Sugar-Control-Panel and selected "software
update" and now it's been >10 minutes that I've been looking at the
"looking for local activities" message and a progress-bar that's not
moving. Pressing the "cancel" button doesn't have any effect whatsoever,
I can only exit the screen by clicking on "X" in the corner of the window.

Might this issue be related to the fact that I simply don't have any
activities installed at the moment?

Also one thing which I noticed is that the SCP window is an overlay
which stay on top even when you switch to a different view, e.g. when
going to the network view to check which network you're connected to.

I know this is very much anecdotal story-telling here, still hope it
helps though...

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer