[Testing] Bug huntin' saga: what versions of activities ship with G1G1?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Dec 5 21:57:18 EST 2008

While that is a legitimate question, it does not pinpoint what
version of an Activity a particular user has.  He might have
installed a different customization, he might have run "software
update", or due to a local error an available version of an Activity
might have failed to be installed.  In my opinion the most reliable
way is to look at Activities/foobar.activity/activity/activity.info.

Unfortunately, not all Activity authors have taken the trouble to
update this file when they make changes to the Activity.  [And there
have also been Activity authors who did not bother to create an
"-number' for their .xo bundle's filename when they made changes to
the Activity.]  Thus identifying the activity version is sometimes a
guessing game.

What I have been using on my XOs is a script which shows the version
number kept in Sugar's "activity registry" (this value is copied
from the respective activity.info files).  [While working with Sugar
0.82 and earlier, this script has not worked with Sugar 0.83.]

mikus