[Testing] 2008-12-04 test community meeting notes

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Sat Dec 6 05:11:52 EST 2008

Gah! A 24+ hour delay between meeting end and me sending out good
meeting notes == not good - sorry about that, folks; my fault. Marco
wins after all. ;)

Logs: http://meeting.laptop.org/olpc-meeting.log.20081204_1800.html
Notes: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2008-12-04
Next week's meeting (add things to the agenda!):
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2008-12-11

Summary below.

Work continues within the community testing team on
infrastructure/tools, with Adric setting up a Litmus demo and Carl
crafting a next-gen smoke test reporting to be trialed for the G1G1
Activity test sprint.

We also released a first (under-construction) draft of progress towards
their goal to test all G1G1 Activities by December 25; a special thanks
goes out to Skierpage, Gary C. Martin, Marco Pesenti Gritti, and Caryl
Bigenho for their work on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/G1G1_Activity_testing.

We're actually ahead of our ambitious schedule - the focus has been on
capacity building to allow parallel and distributed test sprinting over
the next two weeks - thanks to Tabitha Roder, Alastair Munro, and the
Wellington test group*, who've been drawing on their Saturday workshop
experiences to coach our group on coaching new workshop runners - and
turning out some great Activity testing results we need to find a way to
capture!

If you have access to at least 1 XO and are interested in hosting an
Activity testing party (3+ people, 3+ hours) in your area, please email
Mel Chua at mel at laptop.org so we can help you host the party that *you*
want. (Really. OLPC will help you host a party.) Prior Activity testing
experience is not required; if you can devote 12 hours to planning and
execution between now and December 25, we will give you the resources,
knowledge, and support you need to be successful.

--Mel

*I have been sorely slacking in following up with the Wellington testers
and making sure we're using their work to maximum leverage - mea culpa.
I am fixing this now.