[Testing] Tubes and Journal Meeting today at noon, edt

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 12:39:39 EDT 2007

Ar 16/10/2007 am 16:30, ysgrifennodd Simon McVittie:
> > * Large packet support (record and read) / streamtubes, 4108, 3937(?)
>
> 4108 requires either stream tubes or the new protocol. Stream tubes will
> be more efficient, but aren't done yet.

To clarify: the Salut which isn't in the builds yet fixes large messages in
D-Bus tubes. Guillaume is working on implementing stream tubes in Salut (#4241).
These work in Gabble, but not yet in Salut. Stream tubes will give activity
authors an alternative way to send large amounts of data. For such use cases,
they have simplicity and efficiency benefits over D-Bus tubes.

> 3937 is a tracking bug for library packages getting into builds. We
> can't fix it until the "official" builds stop being intended for Trial-3.
>
> > * Blocking/high bug fixes, 3969, 3465
>
> 3969 is the same as 4108 I think.
>
> 3465 is in the review queue. We hope to get the activities stuff
> reviewed and merged into Gabble HEAD sometime this week so we can stop
> giving you strange OLPC-specific branches; if that turns out not to be
> possible, or it's screamingly urgent that we get the fix in
> builds-that-target-FRS right now, we can merge it into the activities
> branch and provide a new tarball.

You're proposing that we make upstream releases whenever we want to push code
into builds? That seems reasonable, though it would be good if we could have a
more lightweight process for urgent fixes.

--
Dafydd